Dear Hiring Manager:
This is to express my interest in “tugboat mate” position advertised on June 13, 2014; My resume is enclosed for your review. Given my closely experience and excellent capabilities I would appreciate your consideration for this job. My work experience and duties are an ideal match for this position and cover all job requirements.
Expert Tugboat Mate with at least 2 years of experience, excellent covers all position duties.
My Matching Experience:
For 3 years I worked as Tugboat Mate, My Responsibilities were to:
1) Supervise coordinates activities of crew aboard tugboat
2) Inspect towing gear lifesaving equipment and orders crew to repair or replace defective equipment
3) Direct activities of crew engaged in rigging towlines to barges or ship to be towed
4) Supervise crew engaged in cleaning painting of boat
5) Stand watch during specified periods, and determines geographical position of boat upon request of Tugboat Captain , using loran azimuths of celestial bodies
6) Steer tugboat, upon request of Tugboat Captain , to push or pull barges to destination and to berth and unberth ships, avoiding reefs, outlying shoals, and other hazards to navigation, utilizing navigation devices, like compass and sextant, and aids to navigation, like lighthouses buoys
7) Assume command of tugboat in event Tugboat Captain becomes incapacitated
8) Is required to hold license issued by U.S
I appreciate your time taken to review my credentials and experience.
I look forward to being interviewed at your earliest convenience. Lot of thanks for your consideration and care.
Enc: Resume in following link ( Drive Google )